卢沟桥史料陈列馆 

The museum is the neighbor to the well-known Lugouqiao Bridge (卢沟桥), where the eight-year Anti-Japanese War of China (1937 – 1945) was started here on July 7, 1937. It shows the history and relevant documents of the old and heroic bridge, which crosses Yongding River (永定河) in Fengtai District (丰台区), southwestern Beijing Municipality.

LugouqiaoLugouqiao Bridge was built in 1192 and the State Council officially announced that the ancient bridge was a key cultural protection unit. Lugouqiao Documents Display Hall is in two parts. The first part introduces inclusively all the history of Lugouqiao Bridge, its geographical location, architectural structure, artistic carvings and the bridge in the eyes of ancient Chinese painters. The second part displays some of the historical documents concerning the events after the famous "September Eighteenth" Incident in 1931 (on that day, the Japanese forces bombed a northeastern China's railway track, killed three Chinese civilians there and changed their clothes into Chinese military uniforms. The Japanese said that it was the Chinese done that and assumed a great offensive to the Chinese army and the northeast China regions were fallen into the invaders' hands). From then to 1945, the heroic Chinese soldiers and people made utmost efforts to resist the militarist enemy.

In July 7, 1981 Lugouqiao Documents Display Hall was formally opened to the general public and now Lugouqiao Bridge has become a publicity place of revolutionary tradition and national patriotism.

How to Get There

Location : 88 Chengbei Street (城北街), Lugouqiao Bridge, Fengtai District, Beijing Municipality, China.
Telephone : 010-83891712
Ticket : 10 RMB and half price for student.
Transportation : Bus route 310, 309 or 339 until Tanhuangchang (弹簧厂) and walk northward.
 

Beijing Travel, Beijing Tours, Beijing Travel Guide, Traveling to Beijing, Travelling to Beijing,
Copyright © 2010 Beijing Attractions. All Rights Reserved.