It is on 8 Ji An Suo Zuo Xiang Hutong (吉安所左巷8号), Jingshan (景山) Area, Dongcheng District of Beijing. From autumn of 1918 to spring 1919, Mao Zedong (1893 – 1976) and seven young men, who were the founding members of Xinmin Institute (新民学会), lived there. In Beijing, Mao had done three things, designing a program of work-study for students who would go to France, making ideas for saving the Chinese nation and uniting the revolutionary strengths in China. The institute was founded by Mao in Changsha in 1918. The Beijing trip was to research new thoughts inspired by Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels and Vladimir Lenin, as well as some useful ideas from foreign countries for China's future development. Also, Mao was working in Beijing University Library to make a living. He returned to his hometown in Hunan Province in March 1919 due to he was informed the ill health of his mother.
This Mao's Former Residence is in the 213 square meters' courtyard. The house is brick structure with some paint surfaces. There are three northern rooms, three eastern rooms and one western room. They just totally occupied 90 square meters. Mao Zedong and his friends lived in the three northern rooms for about seven months. The room in the middle was used as kitchen and dining room, as well as with the function of a corridor that was linking the left and right side rooms.
The Former Residence of Mao Zedong of Beijing has been a privately owned real estate. It was bought by someone in 1890. Because Mao Zedong had lived here during his first visit to Beijing, so in 1979, Beijing government announced the house to be known as the Former Residence of Mao Zedong and listed in Beijing Municipal Cultural Relics for Protection.
- For Disembark Passengers-3 Days Beijing City Tour
- For Disembark Passengers-2 Days Beijing Tour
- Beijing Shore Excursion-2 Days Best of Beijing Tour
- For Embark Passengers-4 Days Beijing and Xi$$an Tour
- For Embark Passengers--4 Days Beijing Highlights
- For Embark Passengers- 3 Days Beijing Essence
- For Embark Passengers- 2 Days Beijing Impression
- Beijing Zoo and Summer Palace Tour
- Xingang - Beijing one way transfer plus 3-day Beijin...
- Small Group Highlight of Great Wall Hiking Simatai W...