Deshengmen originally named Jiandemen of the Yuan Dynasty was used for the gate of troop dispatch and got the auspicious praying of virtuous triumph. In the 43rd year of Qianlong as the emperor of Qing dynasty, the farming products were less harvested for suffering from the serious drought, at the end of the year, the emperor went to Ming Tomb and by way of Deshengmen when the heavy snow suddenly fell. The drought was largely relieved. At the time, Emperor Qianlong was joyous and wrote a poem and erected a stele with two Chinese character "祈雪(snow praying)". In accordance with the astrology, north belonged to Xuanwu (tortoise and snake). Xuanwu in tradition meant army or war, hence if the war broke out, the troops used to get out via north gate, for this it was named Deshengmen. At the east side of Deshengmen wall, an ordnance set, but this gun was not for battle but for marking the time. At noon, the artillery sound from Deshengmen and Wuanwumen were both heard at the same time, the citizen heard the sound and standardized the time。 However, the local citizens did not call it noon gun of Deshengmen but noon gun of Xuanwumen, perhaps because the death penalty was always done at Xuanwumen at noon. Deshengmen anciently was the transportation hub of Beijing.
Toady Deshengmen was the starting point of the Badaling freeway, which connected with the north of Beijing. Deshengmen was a grand high ancient building. Thanks to its grandness, it always gives the visitors or the newcomers to Beijing the feeling of splendor and majesty.
- For Disembark Passengers-3 Days Beijing City Tour
- For Disembark Passengers-2 Days Beijing Tour
- Beijing Shore Excursion-2 Days Best of Beijing Tour
- For Embark Passengers-4 Days Beijing and Xi$$an Tour
- For Embark Passengers--4 Days Beijing Highlights
- For Embark Passengers- 3 Days Beijing Essence
- For Embark Passengers- 2 Days Beijing Impression
- Beijing Zoo and Summer Palace Tour
- Xingang - Beijing one way transfer plus 3-day Beijin...
- Small Group Highlight of Great Wall Hiking Simatai W...