Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) is one of west six palaces in living zone of Forbidden City, and it was established in 1420. Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) has an original name: Weiyanggong, and in 1535 it was renamed Qixianggong. In Qing Dynasty, Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) was renamed its current name. Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) since its completion experienced a lot of restorations.

Originally, Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) has double yards. When Changchungong (Palace of Eternal Spring) was reconstructed, Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) was rebuilt to be the Chuantangdian(with a passage of two gates in the front and back of the hall respectively). Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) has a Xieshanding roof covered with yellow glazed tiles. And the front and back of the Taijidian(Hall of Supreme Principle) are both the corridors. The decoration is the color painting with the features of Suzhou. The back hall is Tiyuandian, which is covered with yellow-glazed-tile roof. It used to be the opera stage. In 1884, for celebrating the fifth birthday of Ci Xi, half-month drama performances were held here.

Beijing Travel, Beijing Tours, Beijing Travel Guide, Traveling to Beijing, Travelling to Beijing,
Copyright © 2010 Beijing Attractions. All Rights Reserved.