Changchungong(Palace of Eternal Spring) is one of west six palaces in inner living zone of Forbidden city and it was finished in 1420, originally named Changchungong(Palace of Eternal Spring), in 1535 it was renamed Yongninggong but in 1615 it was named Changchungong(Palace of Eternal Spring) once again. In 1683, it was restored and later on it also experienced a lot of restorations. In 1859, it gate of Changchungong(Palace of Eternal Spring) was dismantled and the back hall of Taijidian was changed to be chuantangdian, and Emperor Xianfeng in Qing Dynasty wrote three Chinese Characters”体元殿” for it. Changchungong(Palace of Eternal Spring) and Qixianggong since then connected together. In front of the palace, a pair of copper tortoises and a pair of copper cranes was there. The east subsidiary palace was named Suishoudian and west subsidiary palace was named Chengxidian. There are also 18 large-scale wall paintings themed with the stories of The Dream of Red Mansion, which belongs to the works of late Qing Dynasty. Changchungong(Palace of Eternal Spring) is the living palace of concubines in Ming and Qing dynasties.

 

Changchungong(Palace of Eternal Spring)

 

 

 

Beijing Travel, Beijing Tours, Beijing Travel Guide, Traveling to Beijing, Travelling to Beijing,
Copyright © 2010 Beijing Attractions. All Rights Reserved.